Director, Account Management – Social Agency
Director, Account Management
Manchester, United Kingdom
As a Director of Account Management working for a creative and influencer social media agency, your role and responsibilities would typically involve overseeing the client services department and ensuring the agency’s clients receive exceptional service and achieve their marketing objectives. Here are some key aspects of your role:
- Client Relationship Management: You will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, acting as their main point of contact within the agency. This includes understanding their business goals, conducting regular meetings, and addressing any concerns or issues that arise.
- Strategic Planning: You will work closely with clients to develop comprehensive social media and influencer marketing strategies aligned with their overall marketing objectives. This may involve conducting market research, analysing competitor activities, and identifying opportunities to maximize the client’s online presence.
- Team Leadership: As a Client Services Director, you will manage and mentor a team of account managers, social media specialists, and influencer relations professionals. You will provide guidance, set performance goals, and ensure the team delivers high-quality work that meets client expectations.
- Campaign Management: You will oversee the execution of social media and influencer marketing campaigns from start to finish. This includes collaborating with internal teams to develop creative concepts, coordinating content creation and distribution, monitoring campaign performance, and providing regular reports to clients.
- Budgeting and Financial Management: You will be responsible for managing client budgets, ensuring resources are allocated effectively to deliver successful campaigns. This involves analysing costs, negotiating contracts with influencers or third-party vendors, and optimizing spending to achieve the best return on investment for clients.
- Industry Knowledge and Trends: Staying up-to-date with the latest trends, tools, and best practices in social media and influencer marketing is crucial. You will need to continuously educate yourself and your team, ensuring the agency remains competitive and at the forefront of industry developments.
- Client Retention / Business Development: Commercial minded – able to create a culture of retaining and upselling client’s business. In collaboration with the agency’s executive team, you may also be involved in business development activities. This includes identifying new business opportunities, pitching to potential clients, and participating in industry events or conferences to expand the agency’s client portfolio.