HR Lead – Social Publishing Business
HR Lead – Social Publishing Business
£60 – £70K base + benefits and stock options
We are seeking an experienced HR Lead to join our client’s business, a digital media & content publishing business. Reporting to the CEO, you will be responsible for overseeing all HR and people management functions within the organisation. You will play a critical role in developing company culture, people management and HR processes, fostering a positive work environment, attracting and retaining top talent, and driving employee engagement and development. The successful candidate will also possess a high-degree of gravitas and emotional intelligence in being able to navigate sensitive employee matters with the correct rigour and adherence to legal compliance.
HR Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with senior management to establish workforce planning, talent acquisition, and retention strategies.
- Provide guidance on HR policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure legal compliance and a positive employee experience. Be able to deal with sensitive employee matters with discretion, confidentiality and the correct rigour to ensure smooth adherence to the letter of the law.
Employee Relations and Engagement:
- Act as a trusted advisor to employees and departmental heads, providing guidance and resolving HR-related issues.
- Foster positive employee relations through effective communication, conflict resolution, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Develop and implement employee recognition programs to promote a culture of appreciation and motivation.
- Design and implement performance management systems, including goal setting, performance evaluations, and feedback mechanisms.
- Provide coaching and support to managers in effectively managing performance and driving employee development.
- Identify and implement initiatives to enhance performance, productivity, and employee growth.
Training and Development:
- Identify training needs and design or source relevant learning and development programs.
- Coordinate and facilitate training sessions, workshops, and seminars to enhance employee skills and knowledge.
- Support career development initiatives, including mentoring programs and succession planning.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Oversee compensation and benefits programs, ensuring competitiveness and alignment with industry standards.
- Conduct market research and benchmarking to make informed recommendations for salary structures and employee benefits.
- Manage compensation reviews, promotions, and salary adjustments in line with company policies and budgetary constraints.
HR Metrics and Reporting:
- Develop and maintain HR metrics and analytics to assess the effectiveness of HR programs and initiatives.
- Prepare regular HR reports and presentations for senior management, highlighting key trends, challenges, and opportunities.
- Utilise data-driven insights to drive continuous improvement in HR processes and practices.
Recruitment and Retention:
- Working with the management team to source and hire talent for the business using robust HR interview processes
- Oversee and advise on strategies, processes and programmes to foster a positive working culture that is designed to retail top talent in the business and attract the very best from the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, business administration, or a related field; HR certification is preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in a senior HR role, preferably within the media or publishing industry.
- Gravitas and authority – you will be advising the C-Suite and management team of this business on HR matters, so brevity, incisive communication and accurate and authoritative counselling is is key
- Excellent knowledge of HR principles, practices, and employment laws and regulations.
- Strong understanding of performance management and employee development processes.
- Familiarity with compensation and benefits programs and market trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems and other HR-related software.