eCommerce Director, MENA
Director of eCommerce Lead, Major Advertising Agency Holding Group – MENA.
Competitive Base Salary (based on experience) + Bonus & Benefits
Our client is one of the pre-eminent global media agency networks and leads the way in terms of strategic thinking, big media ideas and technological innovation through its different platforms and offerings.
We are looking for a Director of eCommerce who will be a key part of the management infrastructure and the go-to expert within the organisation, tasked with developing eCommerce end-to-end consulting excellence, focusing on working with a blend of the agency’s existing high-profile marquee accounts as well as new business A visionary approach, agility and a high-tempo nature is required to keep the portfolio at the vanguard of eCommerce innovation. A thorough understanding of Amazon, Local marketplaces like Souk, DTC strategies and how this all links to real life retail is essential as well as how these avenues link with digital media and advertising, search, social, programmatic, tech, content and other elements of the eCommerce ecosystem. The role reports to the Regional GM of eCommerce.
The core focus will be around solving our client’s eCommerce Business challenges along the wider lens of their marketing communications challenges. Through, data-driven well planned and effective strategies, improving the conversion and digital experience of client’s brands on partner direct selling, retailer websites, and enhance their search ability and drive sales conversion. The aim is to be relevant, memorable, discoverable and drive efficiencies right down to the point of purchase.
- Provide strong client facing strategic leadership, in a consultative manner that gives our client an edge on their eCommerce strategy
- Be an evangelist – educate clients and provide external and internal agency thought-leadership
- Create successful strategic planning frameworks and models of working utilising all available channels
- Strong technical and strategic eCommerce knowledge of across social, D2C and marketplaces such as Amazon, Alibaba, etc
- Accountable, responsible for the delivery of upstream consultancy across the market and agency
- Lead a successful strategy and consulting team who acts as a conduit for the local market when developing eCommerce transformation for clients.
- Develop a profitable business pipeline and create business plans to grow eCommerce across the group.
- Ensure client satisfaction at every stage of the eComm transformation process
- Ensure the connection and integration with performance and biddable solutions teams where these are fully embedded within the agency.
- Create the full stack best-in-class eCommerce model utilising content strategy,tech, data, platforms and appropriate marcomms channels and tools to gain results
- Continually lead on presenting to clients industry/market research findings, eCommerce search trends, eCommerce growth areas, new models to consider