U.S. Managing Director eCommerce
Managing Director of eCommerce – North America Remit
Global Media Agency Network
Competitive Base Salary – dependent on experience
My client is a leading eCommerce practice embedded in one of the world’s largest advertising agency networks and heads a center of excellence with the Industry’s finest talent leading client work. We are seeking an inspirational eCommerce leader versed in all areas of the value chain from pure player marketplaces, retail media, D2C, social commerce, data, marketing cloud, and custom tech that includes the likes of Amazon, Asda Walmart, Criteo and Citrus Ads among others.
The successful candidate will have at least ten years of experience in a leadership role and demonstrable skills and track record in driving eCommerce innovation and best practices.
Candidate attributes and experience:
- A credible skilled senior practitioner of holistic eCommerce strategy that incorporates advanced industry-leading full-funnel technical knowledge of eCommerce channels (marketplaces, D2C, retail media mar tech, etc), audiences, search, media, marketing, technology, social platforms, AI, creative messaging and supply chain understanding
- Influence and gravitas – having the ability to be able to get CMOs and CEOs to work with you and take large-scale global organisations on transformational journeys with you
- Team development – nurturing, recruiting and developing a multi-disciplined team and ensuring that team performs at the highest level possible
- Thought-Leadership – help set the pace of the industry by taking an advanced position on different eCommerce and retail media issues – be a talking head on panels and the press
- Drive the development of eCommerce tech – work with the senior team to help drive the roadmap on features and products that drive value for clients in the group
- New Business – commercially-minded with a great instinct for business and driving and leading pitches for new clients
- Future-aware – able to detect trends and upcoming developments in the eCommerce space and ensure the offering is aligned with what will be beneficial to clients in the group
The successful candidate will have demonstrable knowledge and experience of being a senior strategic practitioner who has scaled world-class client-centric eCommerce operation and teams at either a marketing division at a blue chip brand or media agency.