Managing Director (North America)
Managing Director (North America)
Global Lead Generation Agency
Our client is a global leader in the performance marketing space, with a group of tech-driven lead generation specialists (200+) spread across 9 countries (and counting!) who aspire to help businesses get the best possible ROI through high-quality leads generated for them through their own platforms and marketing channels such as Facebook, Instagram, display, native and Search (SEO/SEA).
They are results-oriented people, and committed to excelling at their craft. They think big, act fast and confidently pave the way for the future of the group. Their teams are growing rapidly and require individuals to be proactive, strategically-minded, intuitive, and ready to take initiative without prodding. Step forward, add value, continuously learn, and create a foundation for future success.
The business and all employees take work seriously and push themselves for clients, but don’t forget to have fun along the way and work in an informal environment.
We are looking for an experienced Managing Director (North America) to drive and add value to growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing sales efforts. You will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to upper management.
You are a strong leader and are responsible for managing all customer focused teams (account executives, business development representatives, campaign management, customer success, marketing etc.). The business is expanding the management team, so this is a new role.
To help the organisation grow you’ll have experience with taking a scale up to the next level and know how to bring structure and a clear vision to the workplace, you’ll need to be an expert in Performance Marketing and Direct Response / Lead Generation.
The goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth. The business is extremely successful, currently on a 100% YOY organic growth rate and the aim is to grow 10x on the North American market. To achieve this you need a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
What you will do
· Lead the customer focused teams and help them perform as efficiently as possible. Provide ongoing training, coaching and guidance to reach a higher level.
· You lead by example and will help the North America to mature its leadership team.
· Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
· Drive business to the next level with the growth that is currently is currently seeing. You know how to set out the growth path and have experience guiding your own team and advising management on the needed actions.
· You have a helicopter view and always think a few steps ahead when taking actions. You might need to zoom in at times, but you make sure that this is limited to a minimum.
· Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
· Focus on the bigger picture as well as identifying small details and opportunities on a micro level to ensure the business progresses
· Create a tiered account system for understanding of top, middle and low opportunities
· Keep an end-to-end focus, work together and coordinate with different teams (sales, marketing, campaign management, customer success, etc.)
· Keep a close connection with the other business parts and provide the structure needed within your teams to work together effectively.
· Support in setting financial targets, sales forecasts and ensuring current clients monthly invoicing is completed on time
· Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed forecasts and business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
· Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
· Proven experience as commercial exec or agency leader (experience within a scale-up is preferred)
· Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
· In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
· You take ownership and work on continuous improvement within and outside your team
· Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
· Strong leadership skills, you can guide a team towards growth and excellence
· BSc/BA in business administration or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
ONLY candidates with Lead Generation experience will be considered
Register your interest with UA – exclusive search partner